Marmalade Game Studio is looking for a 2D Animator to work as part of our award-winning games studio and help us to build on the success of Monopoly, Cluedo, Game of Life, The Game of Life 2 and Jumanji: The Curse Returns. The ideal candidate is creative and enthusiastic with previous experience in game development.
We love what we do, and love working alongside other people who share the same dedication to quality. You must reside in the UK or Portugal and be eligible to work with us. We have 2 studios located in London and Lisbon.
We offer flexible remote working options.
- Create high quality 2D animation for our game engine across a range of art styles.
- Work closely with the Art Director and wider team to transform concepts into an appealing animation full of life.
- Create quality assets whilst maintaining the creative vision and technical specifications.
- Actively participate in design, technical and artistic problem solving, as well as making autonomous creative decisions.
- Animator with a varied showreel showcasing their artistic and technical skills in character animation, visual effects, motion graphics and storytelling.
- Excellent understanding of animation principles, such as timing, key poses, squash and stretch, anticipation, follow-through, etc
- The ability to construct clear storyboards and mockups that visually communicate a sequence of ideas.
- Excellent understanding of a skeletal animation program such as Spine and Unity, including mesh rig setup.
- Keep an organised and efficient workflow.
- Comfortable with getting feedback from team members, art leads and management.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills.
- Good time-management skills and ability to work to deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail and dedicated to quality.
- Ability to bring to life a 2D concept, and the creativity to extrapolate beyond existing art.
Optional but valuable
- 3D animation skills and rigging.
- An understanding of Unity and game development pipelines.
- Professional Animation experience in the game industry.
- Version control software (Perforce, preferably).
- Knowledge of other useful softwares (like Photoshop, Adobe Animate, After Effects, Blender and Maya).
- Competitive salary
- Flexible remote working options
- Company pension scheme (5% Employer contributions)
- Generous holiday allowance (22 days + 3 days over the festive period when the office is closed + up to 3 additional days accrued with long service)
- Our Private Medical Insurance is fully paid for by the company and includes dental and optical care and mental health cover. You will also have the option to add your family members/partner to your plan
- Life insurance
- 48h a year of Professional Development Time
Are you our next superstar? Join us on the Marmalade adventure!
If you are selected for an interview you will normally be contacted within two weeks of the closing date. If you do not hear from us within this period then you should assume that, unfortunately, on this occasion you have been unsuccessful.