Marmalade Game Studio is looking for a talented 2D artist to work as part of our award-winning games studio and help us to build on the success of Monopoly, Cluedo, Game of Life, The Game of Life 2 and Jumanji: The Curse Returns. The ideal candidate is organized, enthusiastic and has attention to detail.
We love what we do, and love working alongside other people who share the same dedication to quality!
We offer flexible working options, working remotely, hybrid, or the ability to work from our studios.
We have offices in Portugal and the UK. You must reside in the UK or Portugal and be eligible to work in one of these countries.
- Create high quality concept art for all aspects of game art, such as characters, objects, architecture, environments and user interface across a wide range of art styles.
- Work with the art lead and the production team to develop and establish art styles across the studio’s projects.
- Actively participate in production and art team meetings.
- Support the art team during production to produce quality assets whilst maintaining the creative vision.
- Actively participate in design, technical and artistic problem solving.
- Previous experience as a 2D artist in the games industry with enough portfolio work showcasing their artistic and conceptualisation skills.
- Excellent drawing skills with a proven ability to quickly produce art in a wide variety of styles.
- The ability to iterate on ideas using quick sketches and thumbnails.
- The ability to work with pre-established art styles.
- Comfortable pitching work to the team as well as to the management.
- Understanding of art fundamentals including composition, design, form, perspective, light and color theory.
- Anatomical and architectural knowledge.
- Digital illustration skills.
- Fluent in English written and spoken.
- Passionate about games and making games
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Good time-management skills and ability to work to deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable
- Able to effectively multi-task across differing projects and styles
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proactive approach with tenacity and a positive, ‘can do’ attitude
- Able to give and take constructive feedback
- Shares knowledge and learning with team members
- Goal oriented, solution focused, results driven, reliable and capable
- Actively contributes to organizational objectives
- Working as part of a tight team in a company with a reputation for staff retention
- Competitive salary
- A key role in a studio where everyone’s effort has a big impact
- Regular social activities and team parties
- Generous holiday allowance consisting of 22 days + a bonus 3-day holiday when the offices are closed over Christmas and New Year + extra holiday for long service
- Private health insurance package
- Private life insurance
- 48h a year of Professional development time