Marmalade Game Studio is looking for a 3D Artist to work as part of our award-winning games studio and help us to build on the success of Monopoly, Cluedo, Game of Life, The Game of Life 2 and Jumanji: The Curse Returns. The ideal candidate is creative and enthusiastic with previous experience in game development.
We love what we do, and love working alongside other people who share the same dedication to quality. Come and join us in our new state of the art offices in central London!
You must reside in Portugal and be eligible to work here.
Our main studio is located in Almada. We offer flexible remote working options.
- Create high quality 3D art for all aspects of game art across a range of art styles.
- Work closely with the rest of the art team to transform concept art into an appealing 3D and fully realized world.
- Create quality assets whilst maintaining the creative vision and technical specifications.
- Actively participate in design, technical and artistic problem solving, as well as making autonomous creative decisions.
- Integrate 3D art assets in the games with Unity.
- 3D artist with enough portfolio work showcasing their artistic and technical skills.
- Excellent 3D modelling skills and UV layout suited to mobile platforms; efficient use of limited polys and textures.
- Experience in several aspects of 3D asset creation (such as props, characters, animation, rigging, environment, hard surface, shaders, lighting.)
- Professional level familiarity with a chosen 3D software (3Ds Max, Blender or Maya) as well as a real-time game engine (Unity, preferably).
- The ability to follow pre-established art styles in 3D.
- Comfortable with getting feedback from team members, art leads and management.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills.
- Good time-management skills and ability to work to deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail and dedicated to quality.
- Ability to bring to life a 2D concept, and the creativity to extrapolate beyond existing art
Optional but valuable
- Experience within the games industry, although we would consider graduates and industry entrants demonstrating a strong portfolio.
- Knowledge of other useful softwares (like Zbrush, Substance, Photoshop and/or 3D Coat).
- Familiarity with diverse components and tools in Unity.
- Version control software (Perforce, preferably)
- Competitive salary
- Flexible remote working options
- Generous holiday allowance (22 days + 3 days over the festive period when the office is closed + up to 3 additional days accrued with long service)
- Private Medical Insurance scheme (with Dental, Optical and Mental Health cover)
- Private Life insurance scheme
- 48h a year of Professional Development Time
Are you our next superstar? Join us on the Marmalade adventure!
If you are selected for an interview you will normally be contacted within two weeks of the closing date. If you do not hear from us within this period then you should assume that, unfortunately, on this occasion you have been unsuccessful.