Location: Almada, Setúbal
Marmalade Game Studio PT is looking for an experienced Concept Artist to work as part of our award-winning games studio and help us build on the success of Cluedo, Monopoly and The Game of Life, our most recent hits. The ideal candidate is creative and enthusiastic with previous experience in game development.
At MGS PT you’ll have the opportunity to become one of the minds behind the best digital board games on the market.
We love what we do, and love working alongside other people who share the same dedication to quality.
This position is full-time and on-site. However, during the lock-down, the successful candidate will be required to work from home.
- Create high quality concept art for all aspects of game art, such as characters, objects, architecture, environments and user interface across a wide range of art styles.
- Work with the art lead and the production team to develop and establish art styles across the studio’s projects.
- Actively participate in production and art team meetings.
- Support the art team during production to produce quality assets whilst maintaining the creative vision.
- Actively participate in design, technical and artistic problem solving.
- Previous experience as a concept artist in the games industry with enough portfolio work showcasing their artistic and conceptualisation skills.
- Excellent drawing skills with a proven ability to quickly produce art in a wide variety of styles.
- The ability to iterate on ideas using quick sketches and thumbnails.
- The ability to work with pre-established art styles.
- Comfortable pitching work to the team as well as to the management.
- Understanding of art fundamentals including composition, design, form, perspective, light and colour theory.
- Anatomical and architectural knowledge.
- Digital illustration skills.
- Fluent in English written and spoken.
- Passionate about games and making games
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Good time-management skills and ability to work to deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable
- Able to effectively multi-task across differing projects and styles
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proactive approach with tenacity and a positive, ‘can do’ attitude
- Able to give and take constructive feedback
- Shares knowledge and learning with team members
- Goal oriented, solution focused, results driven, reliable and capable
- Actively contributes to organisational objectives
- Salary dependent on experience
- Health Insurance
- Life insurance
- Great work environment
- Holiday bonus depending seniority