Marmalade Game Studio is the leading developer and publisher of digital premium board games, with notable successes including Monopoly, The Game of Life, Cluedo, Jumanji, Taboo and more. We are passionate about what we do and have seen tremendous success creating high quality games loved by people all over the world.
We are looking for a digital savvy, client-focused and highly adaptable Customer Care Agent, who will be supporting our users with their inquiries related to our popular games. This role will be responsible for ensuring that customers have a fantastic support experience, by providing comprehensive troubleshooting steps and helpful, friendly responses.
The successful candidate will master our apps and will identify and report rising issues. They will also contribute to our apps’ knowledge bases and internal documentation.
Reporting to the Customer Support Manager, you’ll join a passionate team that will be working together to provide customised, professional assistance to every customer. This is a role for someone who is exceptionally reliable and able to take ownership of tasks whilst working alongside a dynamic and supportive team who will value your skills.
It is an incredibly exciting time to join Marmalade, with a growing team and new titles we’re adding to our portfolio of the world’s best-known board games. We love what we do, and love working alongside other people who share the same dedication to quality!
We offer flexible working options, working remotely, hybrid, or the ability to work from our studios. We have offices in Portugal and the UK. You must reside in the UK or Portugal and be eligible to work in one of these countries.
- Master our games by learning their nuances and keeping up to date with their changes.
- Provide helpful, friendly, and positive text-based responses to customers on various platforms, ensuring their experience is a priority.
- Troubleshoot technical issues reported by customers, offer solutions, and file detailed bug reports.
- Work alongside our QA team to identify, investigate and escalate rising issues that get reported by customers.
- Suggest and help create new knowledge base articles and canned responses that can be used to address common customer queries. Ensure they’re kept up to date.
- Identify general stress areas and report them to the line manager.
- Excellent written English and communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and general technical knowledge of PC, mobile devices and consoles.
- High emotional intelligence and empathy.
- Proactive and resourceful.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Passion for video games and/or board games.
- Working as part of a tight team in a company with a reputation for staff retention
- Competitive salary
- A key role in a studio where everyone’s effort has a big impact
- Regular social activities and team parties
- Generous holiday allowance consisting of 22 days + a bonus 3-day holiday when the offices are closed over Christmas and New Year + extra holiday for long service
- Private health insurance package
- Private life insurance
- 48h a year of Professional development time