Marmalade Game Studio PT is looking for a talented Game Designer to join our close-knit team of superstars and help us to build on the success of Cluedo, The Game of Life, Monopoly, and Jumanji, our most recent hits.
Based in our Almada studio, this is a new role in which a creative and driven-minded person can thrive. At MGS you’ll have the opportunity to become one of the minds behind the best digital board games on the market. You’ll be responsible to ensure that our users will have amazing experiences while playing our games.
This position is full-time and on-site. During the pandemic, the successful candidate will be required to work from home. As a company we’re not in a hurry to return to the office, and will only do so when we’re sure it’s safe, regardless of government policies.
We love what we do, and love working alongside other people who share the same dedication to quality and passion for the industry.
- Contribute with ideas for new game concepts, design features, mechanics, and new solutions for existing games
- Create game design documentation, game flows, mock-ups, and paper prototypes
- Work closely with the Lead Game Designer and fellow designers to iterate and improve your designs
- Work closely with the producer to understand the briefs and requirements for the design function within the project
- Communicate your designs to a team of artists, designers, and programmers
- Analyze and test games from a user-experience point of view, proposing iterations
- Basic statistic knowledge to be able to balance ingame values
The Ideal Candidate:
- Previous experience as Game Designer working on professional or personal projects
- Strong motivation to create games and to develop your Game Designer career
- Highly creative, you are able to come up with game concepts, new features, and brilliant solutions for different projects
- Good understanding of UX – you have a user-centric approach, always aiming to create the best experiences for the players
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- You understand and love an entrepreneurial environment – you won’t be a cog in a machine, you will wear many hats and have a clear impact on the products
- A passion for board games is a plus
- Driven-minded, proactive, able to adapt quickly, and responsible for your own work, owning multiple steps of the process
- Experience with Unity is desirable but not mandatory
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday allowance consisting of 22 days + a bonus 3 days’ holiday when the offices are closed over Christmas and New Year + extra holiday for long service
- Private health insurance
- Private life insurance
- Great work environment
Are you our next superstar? Join us on the Marmalade adventure!
To apply please submit your cv below or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are selected for an interview you will normally be contacted within two weeks of the closing date. If you do not hear from us within this period then you should assume that, unfortunately, on this occasion, you have been unsuccessful.