At Marmalade Game Studio, we are looking for an enthusiastic and talented game programmer with excellent technical ability to join our Game Studio to help create upcoming game projects on various platforms. We are the team behind the hit successes of Monopoly, Cluedo, Game of Life, Jumanjj. The successful candidate will be working on developing new high profile IP titles to create imaginative and engaging experiences across a range of platforms.
Working as part of a small team you will need to be flexible about tasks, responsibilities and have the ability to transition across development teams. We love what we do, and love working alongside other people who share the same dedication to quality. This position is full-time and we offer flexible remote working solutions! You must reside in the UK and be eligible to work here.
We’re looking for someone who can write gameplay functionality, design and plan out new code architecture, contribute and support the design and art teams, assist with the hiring of new members, and mentor young colleagues. This role would suit someone who would like to make an impact, enjoys being involved in the decision making process and can bring their own ideas to the team.
- Programming C# in the Unity game engine
- Develop game features, systems and technology
- Help maintain code quality and stability
- Write optimised code considering CPU, memory and network requirements
- Keep up to date documentation of the services and tools you’re responsible for
- Work with other disciplines (Design, Art, Marketing etc) to plan and execute work
- Professional game development experience with Unity
- Very strong Unity and C# skills
- A good understanding of game architecture and programming practices
- Experience and knowledge of mobile development, with bonus points for Console or PC development experience
- Strong mathematical skills
Optional but valuable
- Passionate about games – playing or making, and preferably both!
- Knowledge of dependency injection frameworks (Zenject/Extenject)
- Experience with AWS or Azure
- Experience with BaaS (PlayFab, Gamesparks, Chilliconnect)
- Experience with platform-specific frameworks (Gradle, Cocoapods, Xcode)
- Experience developing multiplayer games
- Experience with the Unity Shader Language (HLSL)
- Knowledge of C++ and other languages is useful
- Competitive salary
- Company pension scheme (5% Employer contributions)
- Generous holiday allowance (22 days + 3 days over the festive period when the office is closed + up to 3 additional days accrued with long service)
- Our Private Medical Insurance is fully paid for by the company and includes dental & optical care, mental health cover and EAP. You will also have the option to add your family members/partner to your plan
- Life insurance scheme (x4 times your annual salary)
- Cycle to work scheme
Join us on our Marmalade adventure!