Marmalade Game Studio PT is looking for a talented UX/UI Artist to join our close-knit team of superstars and help us to build on the success of Cluedo, The Game of Life, Monopoly, and Jumanji, our most recent hits.
Based in our Almada studio, this is a new role in which a creative-minded person can thrive. As a UI artist at MGS, you will play an essential role to ensure the visual quality of our games and deliver the best experience possible to our players.
This position is full-time and on-site. During the pandemic, the successful candidate will be required to work from home. As a company we’re not in a hurry to return to the office, and will only do so when we’re sure it’s safe, regardless of government policies.
We love what we do, and love working alongside other people who share the same dedication to quality and passion for the industry.
- Work in a team to define the look and feel of our user interface
- Be responsible for the UI of the game, producing style guides, rule sets, and templates
- Create, implement and iterate on UI assets and animations
- Provide concept sketching, wire-framing, and high-fidelity UX mockups/prototypes.
- Work closely with art, design, production, and developers to iterate on the best solutions to UX and UI challenges.
- Experience as a UX/UI Artist in the games industry or another relevant industry
- Strong graphic design skills showcased by a portfolio that meets the quality of Marmalade Games
- Ability to explore and create different styles
- Experience creating UX prototypes and wireframes
- Excellent understanding of typography, composition, color theory, visual design, and interaction design
- Basic knowledge of animating assets for conceptual purposes
- Ability to respond efficiently to problems and conflicts that may influence game development
- Great communication skills
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and Unity
- Optional but valuable
- Experience implementing and animating UI assets in Unity
- Competitive salary
- At the moment we offer full flexibility – we have a mix of fully remote and hybrid workers. We don’t know what the future will hold – once all covid restrictions will be lifted – but we do know that we intend to remain a flexible organisation
- Regular social activities and team parties
- Company pension scheme, we match up to 5%
- Generous holiday allowance consisting of 22 days + a bonus 3 day holiday when the offices are closed over Christmas and New Year + additional day for long service (up to 3)
- Private medical insurance scheme
- Private life insurance scheme
- Joining the Marmalade family means that you will be part of a supportive, inclusive and passionate group of individuals – everyone’s voice is heard at Marmalade!
Join us on our Marmalade adventure!
To apply please submit your cv below or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are selected for an interview you will normally be contacted within two weeks of the closing date. If you do not hear from us within this period then you should assume that, unfortunately, on this occasion, you have been unsuccessful.