Marmalade Game Studio is looking for a talented UX/UI Artist to join our close-knit team of superstars and help us to build on the success of Cluedo, Battleship, The Game of Life and Monopoly our most recent hits.
Based in our London studio, this is a new role in which a creative minded person can thrive. As a UI artist at MGS you will play an essential role to ensure the visual quality of our games and deliver the best experience possible to our players.
We love what we do, and love working alongside other people who share the same dedication to quality. Come and join us in our new state of the art offices in central London!
This position is full-time and on-site. During the pandemic, the successful candidate will be required to work from home. As a company we’re not in a hurry to return to the office, and will only do so when we’re sure it’s safe, regardless of government policies. When it is safe, we have a big terrace we intend to celebrate on!
The candidate must be eligible to work in the UK.
- Work in team to define the look and feel of our user interface
- Be responsible for the UI of the game, producing style guides, rule sets, and templates
- Create, implement and iterate on UI assets
- Provide concept sketching, wire-framing and high-fidelity UX mockups/prototypes.
- Work closely with art, design, production, and developers to iterate on best solutions to UX and UI challenges
- Integrate of UI art assets in the games (using Unity)
- Experience as a UX/UI Artist in the games industry
- Strong graphic design skills showcased by a portfolio that meets the quality of Marmalade Games
- Ability to explore and create different styles
- Experience creating UX prototypes and wireframes
- Excellent understanding of typography, composition, colour theory, visual design and interaction design
- Ability to respond efficiently to problems and conflicts that may influence game development
- Great communication skills
- Knowledge of Photohop, Illustrator and Unity
- Passion for board games (both for professional reasons and because we like to have more players for our lunchtime sessions!).
- Experience implementing and animating UI assets in engine is a plus
Optional but valuable
- Experience implementing and animating UI assets in Unity
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus system based on performance
- Company pension scheme
- Generous holiday allowance consisting of 22 days + a bonus 3 days’ holiday when the offices are closed over Christmas and New Year + extra holiday for long service
- Private health insurance package
- Private life insurance
Join us on our Marmalade adventure
To apply please submit your cv below or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are selected for an interview you will normally be contacted within two weeks of the closing date. If you do not hear from us within this period then you should assume that, unfortunately, on this occasion, you have been unsuccessful.