About the job
Marmalade Game Studio is looking for a driven HR Manager to join our growing team! We need you to define and maintain all HR policies and processes, working closely with our leadership and management and be part of the next chapter in our history.
We are passionate about what we do and have seen tremendous success creating high quality games loved by people all over the world. As our two studios are growing, we are making the transition from small startup to profitable medium size business and you will help us bring some HR rigour into this next step.
Come and join us in our new state of the art office in central London! This position is full-time and on-site. During the pandemic, the successful candidate will be required to work from home. As a company we’re not in a hurry to return to the office, and will only do so when we’re sure it’s safe, regardless of government policies. When it is safe, we have a big terrace we intend to celebrate on!
- Develop HR policy and procedures relevant for a company of our profile
- Establish recruiting and onboarding procedures and manage our hiring (directly or via recruitment agencies)
- Bring more structure into our compensation and benefits review process
- Develop training programs and performance management methods
- Maintain employee relationships and help manage potential disputes
- As your role grows, hire and grow any potential employees needed to support the HR effort within the company
The ideal candidate:
- Previous experience in a role that exposed you to all aspects of the HR role
- Bright and driven, ready to take on any challenge
- Great communication and organisational skills
- Strong work ethic that matches the company values and culture
- A proactive approach to work – you will report to the CEO and COO and need to be able to manage your own tasks and take responsibility for your work with fairly limited hand holding
- Comfortable managing a role with a lot of variety – you don’t need to be an expert in all things HR, but you need to be able to identify the gaps in your skills and find solutions for them
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus system based on performance
- Company pension scheme
- Generous holiday allowance consisting of 22 days + a bonus 3 days’ holiday when the offices are closed over Christmas and New Year + extra holiday for long service
- Private health insurance package
- Private life insurance
- Regular social events
Join us on our Marmalade adventure
To apply please submit your cv below or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are selected for an interview you will normally be contacted within two weeks of the closing date. If you do not hear from us within this period then you should assume that, unfortunately, on this occasion, you have been unsuccessful.