At Marmalade Game Studio London, we are looking for an enthusiastic and talented Junior Game Designer to join the team behind top titles such as Monopoly, Cluedo, Game of Life, Jumanji, and Battleship. The successful candidate will be working on high profile IP, creating imaginative and engaging experiences across a range of platforms.
This is a role in which a creative, flexible, and driven person can thrive, assisting the design team in crafting the best digital board game adaptations on the market. We love what we do, and love working alongside other people who share the same dedication to quality.
This position is full-time and we offer flexible remote working solutions! You must reside in the UK and be eligible to work here.
We pride ourselves on our inclusivity, and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds and underrepresented communities. We believe a broad range of perspectives leads to better games and successful teams, and nothing is more important to Marmalade than our teams.
- Contributing ideas for new game concepts, features, and mechanics
- Documenting your designs in a clear and concise way, supported with mock-ups and other visual aids or prototypes when appropriate
- Working closely with the design team to iterate and improve your designs
- Communicating your proposed designs to the team, while listening to (and parsing) feedback
- Working closely with the production team to help create task breakdowns and time estimates
- Working closely with the rest of the development team to implement your designs
- Using strong numeracy skills to manage design databases and balance in-game values
- Iterating on implemented designs based on playtest analysis, user feedback and analytics
- Previous experience as a game designer on professional or personal projects
- Strong motivation to create games and to develop your game design career
- Highly creative, you are able to come up with game concepts, new features, and brilliant solutions for different projects
- Good understanding of UX – you have a user-centric approach, always aiming to create the best experiences for the players
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- You understand and love an entrepreneurial environment – you won’t be a cog in a machine, you will wear many hats and have a clear impact on the products
- You should be driven, proactive, able to adapt quickly, and responsible for your own work, owning multiple steps of the process
Optional but valuable
- Experience with Unity is desirable but not mandatory
- A passion for board games is a plus
- Working as part of a tight team in a company with a reputation for staff retention
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working, we offer the ability to WFH, hybrid, or the ability to work from our London or Bath studio
- A key role in a studio where everyone’s effort has a big impact
- Regular social activities and team parties
- Company pension scheme, we match up to 5%
- Generous holiday allowance consisting of 22 days + a bonus 3 day holiday when the offices are closed over Christmas and New Year + extra holiday for long service
- Private health insurance package
- Private life insurance
- 48h a year of Professional development time
Are you our next superstar? Join us on the Marmalade adventure! If you are selected for an interview you will normally be contacted within two weeks of the closing date. If you do not hear from us within this period then you should assume that, unfortunately, on this occasion you have been unsuccessful.