Marmalade Game Studio is looking for a talented UI Artist to join our close-knit team of superstars and help us to build on the success of Cluedo, Battleship, The Game of Life and Monopoly our most recent hits.
Based in our London studio, this is a new role in which a creative minded person can thrive. As a UI artist at MGS you will play an essential role to ensure the visual quality of our games and deliver the best experience possible to our players.
We love what we do, and love working alongside other people who share the same dedication to quality. Come and join us in our new state of the art offices in central London!
This position is full-time and on-site.
● Work with the team and other artists to define the look and feel of our user interface
● Be responsible for the UI of the game, producing style guides, rule sets, and templates
● Create, implement and iterate on UI assets
● Provide concept sketching, wire-framing and high-fidelity UI mockups/prototypes.
● Work closely with design, production, and developers to iterate on best solutions to UI challenges
● Work with other disciplines on the integration of UI art assets
The Ideal Candidate:
● Experience as a UI Artist in the games industry
● Strong graphic design skills showcased by a portfolio that meets the quality of Marmalade Games
● Ability to explore and create different styles
● Experience creating prototypes and wireframes
● Excellent understanding of typography, composition, colour theory, visual design and interaction design
● Ability to respond efficiently to problems and conflicts that may influence game development
● Great communication skills
● Knowledge of Photohop, Illustrator and Unity
● Passion for board games (both for professional reasons and because we like to have more players for our lunchtime sessions!).
● Experience implementing and animating UI assets in engine is a plus.
● Competitive salary
● Generous holiday allowance
● Company pension scheme
● Health insurance package
● Share options scheme
Are you our next superstar? Join us on the Marmalade adventure!
Does this sound like the job for you?
Then please send your CV, covering letter and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are selected for an interview you will normally be contacted within two weeks of the closing date. If you do not hear from us within this period then you should assume that, unfortunately, on this occasion you have been unsuccessful.