Marmalade Game Studio is looking for an enthusiastic and talented game programmer with excellent technical competence to join our Game Studio. We need a creative individual with a passion for developing games across multiple genres. Working as part of a small team you will need to be flexible about tasks, responsibilities and have the ability to transition across development teams.
We love what we do, and love working alongside other people who share the same dedication to quality. Come and join us in our new state of the art offices in central London!
This position is full-time and on-site. During the pandemic, the successful candidate will be required to work from home. As a company we’re not in a hurry to return to the office, and will only do so when we’re sure it’s safe, regardless of government policies. When it is safe, we have a big terrace we intend to celebrate on!
The candidate must be eligible to work in the UK.
- Lead on core architecture, game features, systems and technology
- Help maintain code quality and maintainability
- Write optimised code considering CPU, memory and network requirements
- Analyse and optimise performance in our code bases
- Help us hire and build out the team
- Write and develop technical documentation
- Work with other disciplines (Design. Art, etc) to plan and execute work
- Contribute to the technical evaluation of projects under consideration or under execution
- Mentoring and/or managing other members of the programming team.
- Keep up to date documentation of the services and tools you are responsible for Develop game features, systems and technology
- Work proactively to fix bugs
- At least 5 years professional game development experience with Unity
- An excellent understanding of game architecture and programming practices
- Passionate about games and making games
- Exceptional Unity and C# skills.
- Awareness of software design patterns (SOLID, DRY)
- Experience and knowledge of mobile development. Console or PC development is a plus.
- Knowledge of game technologies, APIs and techniques covering physics, AI, networking, animation, audio, UI, purchasing, analytics and Web APIs
- Familiarity with 3rd party services (eg playfab, photon, firebase, facebook, appsflyer, onesignal, etc)
- A logical thinker with great problem solving skills
- Excellent maths skills
- Passion for board games (both for professional reasons and because we like to have more players for our lunchtime sessions!).
Optional but valuable
- Knowledge of Dependency Injection frameworks (Zenject/Extenject)
- Experience developing multiplayer games
- Experience with the Unity Shader Language (HLSL)
- Knowledge of C++ and other languages is useful
- Familiarity with rapid prototyping
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus system based on performance
- Company pension scheme
- Generous holiday allowance consisting of 22 days + a bonus 3 days’ holiday when the offices are closed over Christmas and New Year + extra holiday for long service
- Private health insurance package
- Private life insurance
Join us on our Marmalade adventure
To apply please submit your cv below or email email@example.com
If you are selected for an interview you will normally be contacted within two weeks of the closing date. If you do not hear from us within this period then you should assume that, unfortunately, on this occasion, you have been unsuccessful.