At Marmalade Game Studio, we are looking for an enthusiastic and talented Game Programmer with excellent technical ability to join our Game Studio to help create upcoming game projects on various platforms. We are the team behind the hit successes of Monopoly, Cluedo, Game of Life, Mouse Trap and Jumanjj.
The successful candidate will be working on developing high-profile IP titles to create imaginative and engaging experiences across a range of platforms.
Working as part of a small team you will need to be flexible about tasks, and responsibilities and have the ability to transition across development teams. We love what we do, and love working alongside other people who share the same dedication to quality.
We’re looking for someone who can write gameplay functionality, design and plan out new code architecture, contribute and support the design and art teams, assist with the hiring of new members, and mentor young colleagues. This role would suit someone who would like to make an impact, enjoys being involved in the decision making process and can bring their own ideas to the team.
You must reside in the UK and be eligible to work here.
- Programming C# in the Unity game engine
- Develop game features, systems and technology
- Help maintain code quality and stability
- Write optimised code considering CPU, memory and network requirements
- Keep up to date documentation of the services and tools you’re responsible for
- Work with other disciplines (Design, Art, Marketing etc) to plan and execute work
- Professional game development experience with Unity
- Very strong Unity and C# skills
- A good understanding of game architecture and programming practices
- Experience and knowledge of mobile development, with bonus points for Console or PC development experience
- Strong mathematical skills
Optional but valuable
- Passionate about games – playing or making, and preferably both!
- Knowledge of dependency injection frameworks (Zenject/Extenject)
- Experience with AWS or Azure
- Experience with BaaS (PlayFab, Gamesparks, Chilliconnect)
- Experience with platform-specific frameworks (Gradle, Cocoapods, Xcode)
- Experience developing multiplayer games
- Experience with the Unity Shader Language (HLSL)
- Knowledge of C++ and other languages is useful
- Flexible working, we offer the ability to work from our London studio or from home, or a hybrid
- Regular social activities and team parties
- Company pension scheme, we match up to 5%
- Generous holiday allowance consisting of 22 days + a bonus 3 day holiday when the offices are closed over Christmas and New Year + extra holiday for long service
- Private health insurance package
- Private life insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- 48h a year of Professional development time
Join us on our Marmalade adventure!