- I bought an in-app purchase (IAP), but my content is still locked
If you are using an iOS device, please try tapping the Restore Purchases button on the Settings screen. Make sure you’re logged in to the same Apple account that was used for the original purchase.
If you are using an Android device, you should be able to restore your purchases by tapping the Buy button again from the in-game shop. Don’t w#orry, you won’t be charged twice, as long as you are using the same Google Play account that was used for the original purchase. Please make sure to tap the exact same thing as you did when you bought the original in-app purchase.
In both cases, you may need to kill the app and restart for this to take effect.
If this still doesn’t work, please email us screenshots of the following:
- Your purchase order receipt(s). For Android, we need to see the GPA number.
- The in-game Settings screen.
We can then use this information to resolve the problem.
- I want a refund
Our refund policy is that on Google Play we will consider a refund if the request is made within 48 hours of the initial purchase. Please email us with the reason for the refund request, and proof of purchase (including the GPA number).
For Apple, Steam or Nintendo Switch purchases, we cannot process refunds. Please contact the relevant platform holder.
- The game doesn’t startWe’re very sorry that you are experiencing problems with our game. Please try fully powering off your device, and restarting, to see if this resolves the problem. If not, please try reinstalling the app. If the issue persists, please email us with details of your issue. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.
- The game crashes
We’re very sorry that you are experiencing problems with our game. Please look at the game specific sections of this FAQ to see if your particular crash is addressed elsewhere. If not, please email us with details of your crash. The more information you can provide, the more helpful it will be to us in trying to understand what is going wrong. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.
The following information may be helpful to us:
- Your country
- Your platform (e.g. iOS, Android, PC, Nintendo Switch)
- Your device model and OS version
- At what point exactly does the game crash?
- What are the steps you take which lead up to the crash?
- Does the crash occur in a specific game mode?
- I don’t like that there is IAP in a premium appWe appreciate that some players do not like the concept of further purchases in a premium game. However, the majority of our players appreciate the opportunity to enhance their experience with different aesthetics. Each theme is created by a team of talented artists who delight in dreaming up beautiful new worlds for our players.
- Why do you ask for access to my data on first installing the app?We understand concerns about the privacy notifications we introduced to be compliant with new European GDPR laws. Rest assured that we only request access for benign reasons. The third party multiplayer services we use will only work if we request access, and the only data we track is for analytics that help us understand how our players are using the game, so that we can make improvements to their experience. We do not allow third parties to access your data. You can opt out of everything by refusing consent.
- The game tells me to update, but no update is there when I go to the app storeWhen we update our apps, sometimes we need every user to upgrade (so that all multiplayer uses are on compatible versions). If no update is appearing on the app store, first ensure that you have set your apps to update automatically. If this is already the case, try manually refreshing the app store for updates. If this still doesn’t work, please try again later - sometimes it can take up to 24 hours for updates to propagate to all app stores around the world.
- Can I share the game via Family Sharing/Family Library?Yes, you can share the core app via Family Sharing/Family Library, but any in-app purchases cannot be shared. This is due to restrictions imposed by Apple and Google.
- Can I transfer the app from iOS to Android, or vice versa?No. If you have purchased the app on one platform, you must purchase it again if you want to play it on the other platform.
- I’m having problems installing the game from Google Play (Error 505)
We are sorry to hear that you are having issues installing our game.
Error 505 is a kind of permission error that is not caused by our app but from the Google Play store.
There are several reasons why it could occur but most of the times its fixed by clearing the data and cache of the Google Play app and Google Play Services framework:
Go to Settings > Apps. Scroll down and select “Google Play Store”. Select Storage > “Clear Cache” and “Clear Data”
Go to Settings > Apps. Scroll down and select “Google Play Services”. Select Storage > “Clear Cache” and “Clear Data”
Restart your phone, download the game again and try to install the game.
If this still doesn’t work, there are some further troubleshooting tips below, but bear in mind that this is an error from the Google Play Store, not a Marmalade specific error, so if the problem persists then please contact Google Play directly.
1) Check whether Download Manager is Enabled.
- Go to Settings
- Press Apps
- Select All
- Scroll down until you find Download Manager
- Check it is enabled
2) Check if there are any updates to the Operating System of your Android device.
- Go to Settings
- Press About
- Check if there are any updates
3) Reinstall Play Store updates by following these instructions:
- Go to Settings
- Press Apps
- Press Google Play Store
- Press Uninstall Updates
- Open Google Play Store
It will refresh the updates within 5 to 10 minutes (keep your internet connection on while Google Play Store is updating).
Install the game
- The game keeps freezingWe are aware that some players are experiencing freezes, where the game becomes unresponsive, particularly in Online games. We apologise to all players who have encountered this issue. We have already released a number of updates, and we will continue to find and fix freeze bugs until the game is rock solid. Please bear with us while we track down these issues, and thank you in advance for your patience.
- Online games do not begin properlyWe are aware that some players are experiencing an issue where Online games skip the lobby stage and go straight into the game, but there are no players and the game never starts. We apologise to all players who have encountered this issue. Rest assured that we are trying our hardest to track down the cause of this issue and fix it.
- I get disconnected from Online games very easilyWe are aware that currently Online games are not very tolerant of poor connection issues or briefly leaving the app. We are working on enabling players to reconnect to Online games after a brief period of connection loss or app suspension. This will be rolled out in an update soon, along with many other cool new features.
- The game is too hard - is it rigged?
We can assure you that the game’s chance mechanics (dice rolls, cards, etc) are completely random and luck-based. Rigged games are unfair and no fun, and our goal as game developers is always to deliver the best gaming experience possible. We know that sometimes it can feel like the AI get all the breaks, but this really is pure chance - we’d have nothing to gain by making the AI cheat!
Regarding difficulty - we are aware that some players are finding even Easy AI too hard, and we are continuing to tweak its behaviour (in terms of strategy and trading behaviour) to make it easier.
- Will you add statistics to the game?Yes, we are currently investigating adding statistics to the game as part of a future update, along with many other exciting features and improvements.
- The game is too slowWe are aware that some players are experiencing frustration with the speed of the game in Single Player mode. We have already updated the game to allow players to dismiss UI elements (e.g. Chance cards) by tapping, and to speed up token movement, and we will continue to speed up the game wherever we can.
- Play With Friends says “Invalid Code” even though I entered the code correctlyPlease make sure that all players have updated to the latest version of the app. You can check the version number on the Settings screen. If players are on different versions, they will be unable to join a lobby together.
- I bought an old version of this game, and now I have to pay for it again?Unfortunately, it sounds like you own the old Monopoly app which was developed by a different studio that is no longer supporting it. We, at Marmalade Game Studio, only released our version of the game in 2019. Regrettably, since our studio isn’t affiliated with this other developer, there is nothing we can do.